Arbor Heights Swim & Tennis Club
Physical Address | 11003 31st Ave SW | Seattle, WA 98146 Mailing Address | PO Box 46432 | Seattle, WA 98146
Phone | 206-244-6557 | Answered only during open season
Operating & Safety Rules
Download a pdf of the Operating & Safety Rules.
“Facility” is the area contained within the fenced perimeter (including all buildings, swimming pool, tennis courts, grass and cement areas) within the grounds of Arbor Heights Swim and Tennis Club.
“Grounds” is the area contained by the outer property lines of Arbor Heights Swim and Tennis Club, including the Facility, parking lot and all landscaped and unimproved areas.
“Member,” as used herein, is any and all individuals, adult or child, included in a Family or Senior Membership.
- The Club Manager has authority over the activities of Members and guests on AHSTC grounds. From time to time, the Club Manager may delegate full authority to an Assistant Manager.
- Members and their guests must obey AHSTC staff at all times. AHSTC staff have the authority to deny access to and/or remove from the Facility and/or Grounds. Failure to adhere to these Operating & Safety Rules and/or direction from AHSTC staff will result in the following progressive disciplinary action:
- Verbal warning
- Time out of the pool or off tennis courts
- Dismissal from Facility or Grounds
- Guests—All guests must be accompanied by their host member and abide by these operating rules at all times (See Guest Policy).
- Checking In—All Members and guests must check in at the office upon entry of the Facility during regular operating hours. Members must check in all guests by name. (See Guest Policy). Any Member arriving at the Facility prior to regular operating hours (such as for team practice) must check in at the office upon the opening of the Facility.
- Any damage occurring to Club property anywhere on the Grounds by Members or guests will be charged to the responsible (or host) Member. Members will instruct their children to immediately report any vandalism they may witness.
- All Members and guests will treat other Members, lifeguards, staff, coaches and volunteers in a respectful, sociable and friendly manner. Physically or verbally abusive behavior is unacceptable at any time. Members and their guests will refrain from publicly judging, criticizing, gossiping or otherwise creating a hostile environment for others. This includes engaging in negative humor or bantering that may intimidate, demean or offend another person.
- Profanity, improper behavior and activities, and vulgar remarks are prohibited. Members will do their utmost to create a culture of dignity and respect that is free from harassment or intimidation. Bullying tactics by adults or children will not be tolerated. Please see Section 3 “Prohibited and Discouraged Behavior” of our Abuse and Molestation Prevention Policy (AMPP) for more detail.
- Members and their guests will show respect for other people’s belongings. Lost and/or found items should be reported to the office immediately. If a member temporarily steps away from their belongings to swim, play tennis, cook, etc., their belongings should not be removed from chairs or tables by another Member or guest. If a Member leaves the grounds, they must take their belongings with them. In instances where a member leaves their belongings on furniture and exits the Grounds, it is at the Club Manager’s discretion to remove the items to allow use of the furniture by other Members that are present.
- Members and guests will share facilities properly. During periods of high demand, adults have priority use of tables and lounge chairs. Tables and lounge chairs not in immediate and continuous use may not be held for future use.
- No pets are allowed in the Facility.
- Kitchen appliances and BBQs are provided as a membership convenience. Members should share with other Members and their guests during peak times. The kitchen and BBQ area must be properly cleaned after use. Utensils must be washed and put away after use. Do not leave dishes in sink.
- No glass (cups, bottles, dishes or any other receptacle) is allowed anywhere within the Facility.
- Members and guests will respect the Club environment, clean up after themselves and remind their children to do the same. All garbage and recycling must be placed in the appropriate containers. Large amounts of garbage and recycling must be taken out to the main dumpster in the parking lot.
- No food or beverages is allowed within four (4) feet of the pool edge.
- Jumping or standing on furniture is not allowed.
- Bicycles, scooters, rollerblades, skateboards, etc., are not allowed inside the facility. Bicycles can be locked up on the bike rack in the parking lot.
- No radios may be used on the grounds, except when connected to earphones or so that it is audible to the individual user only.
- The use of tobacco and/or recreational cannabis in any form is strictly prohibited anywhere on the Grounds. Additionally, vaping and use of other e-cigarette devices is also prohibited.
- While consumption of alcohol is allowed on the Grounds in accordance with state law, it should be consumed discreetly and in moderation. Adults should keep in mind that by their behavior, they are setting an example not only for their own children but others and should behave accordingly.
- No boys over the age of six (6) are permitted in the women’s bathhouse. No girls over the age of 6 (six) are permitted in the men’s bathhouse. Diaper changing tables are provided in both the men’s and women’s bathhouses and should be used as appropriate.
- Diaper changing stations are available inside both the men’s and women’s restrooms and should be used when practical. If a child changed outside the bathhouse, it should be done discreetly and outside the view of the general membership.
- Cell phones usage in the men’s and women’s bathhouse is strictly prohibited.
- To maintain water quality, all persons are requested to take a thorough shower using soap before entering the pool.
- Admission will be refused to all persons with skin abrasions, colds, coughs, inflamed eyes, ear discharge, infections and those wearing bandages. No “Band-Aids” are allowed in the pool.
- Pollution of the pool is prohibited. Specifically, urinating, expectorating, blowing the nose, eating, drinking, or depositing any foreign matter in the pool is prohibited.
- Children under four (4) feet in height must complete a swim test to enter the pool without an accompanying adult.
- At the discretion of a lifeguard on duty, children over four (4) feet in height may be required to complete a swim test to enter the dive tank.
- The swim test consists of 25 yards (one length) of freestyle swimming without stopping.
- Whether or not a child passes the swim test is strictly at the discretion of the lifeguard or manager conducting the test.
- Children under eight (8) years must always be accompanied by an adult or registered caregiver anywhere in the facility, even if they have passed their swim test (see below).
- Patrons using swim aids and other flotation devices for non-swimmers (such as water wings, seat rings, and lifejackets) or children less than four (4) feet in height (armpit deep in the shallow end) who have not passed a swim test must be accompanied by an adult IN THE WATER AT ALL TIMES with a maximum ratio of two (2) non-swimmers per adult. All non-swimmers must be within arm’s reach of the supervising adult at all times.
- Lifeguards have the right and responsibility to deny pool usage to babies and toddlers who are not using the appropriate undergarments (i.e. swim diapers) in the pool. Disposable swim diapers are available for sale in the office.
- Running, wrestling, pushing, dunking, or other harmful acts of horseplay are prohibited.
- WALKING ON THE POOL DECK IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. Running on the grass areas is permitted.
- Talking to a lifeguard on duty shall be restricted to necessary conversation.
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool.
- No flips or backward dives are allowed from the edge of the pool.
- Swimming in the dive tank area is only allowed when the diving boards are determined to be closed.
- Use of water toys, such as noodles and inflatables, is allowed, but use may be restricted during high pool occupancy or for inappropriate behavior.
- Playing with tennis balls is not allowed in the pool or on the pool deck.
- Hanging on the lane line is not allowed.
- Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time.
- Only one bounce is allowed on the diving board.
- Do not dive from the sides of the diving board.
- Divers, regardless of age, may not dive into the arms of another person waiting in the water.
- Divers must immediately exit the dive tank via the closest side.
- No flotation devices or non-prescription goggles are allowed on the diving boards.
- Adult Swim (weekends and Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day holidays) – no one under 18 years of age is allowed in the swimming pool during this time.
- Early Bird Swim (weekday mornings) – Swimmers must be at least 13 years of age and swimming laps. Limited exceptions may be granted by the Club Manager or lead lifeguard on duty.
- Lap Lane – During Open Swim, the lap lane is used for lap swimming only.
- Proper tennis etiquette and good sportsmanship must be exhibited on the courts at all times.
- Only non-marking tennis shoes allowed on the tennis courts. NO BLACK OR LEATHER SOLES. No sandals/flip flops are allowed during play.
- Proper tennis attire is recommended.
- No food is allowed on courts, including pop, gum or candy.
- Playing time is limited to two (2) sets or one (1) hour. Please clear the court after that time if anyone is waiting to play.
- Tennis courts are for playing tennis only. Tennis balls ONLY are allowed on the courts. No nerf, pickle, baseballs, soccer balls, etc.
- Off-hours access to the tennis courts may be granted by “rental” of a tennis gate key:
- Keys are available at the office for a one-time deposit fee of $20
- Entrance gate must be locked immediately after entering and leaving. Always secure a lock to the gate or fence. Never leave it unlocked.
- Keys are to be used ONLY by Club members. Guests are not allowed to use a key.
- Keys may only be used when the Facility is closed. When the Facility is open, all members must enter through the front gate.
- Keys must be returned to the office when the Member no longer plans to use the courts or when they cancel their membership. When the key is returned, the Member will receive a reimbursement of their $20 deposit.
- Violation of these policies may result in revocation of tennis key privileges.